The offline status of the HP printer means that it is not always possible to print on Windows 10. It can be very frustrating to print documents in a hurry if the HP printer is not available for printing on Windows 10. We have compiled a list with all options for sort HP printers to continue offline on Windows 10.
Solution-1 HP Printer and Scan Doctor are free utilities that you can download, install, then use.
- Verify that there are sufficient papers in your input tray.
- Switch on your printer after that.
- You can now download and install the HP scan and print doctor software.
- You will need to launch the app, select your printer, then run the diagnostics.
- Select My product isn’t listed if your printer isn’t on the list.
- Follow the instructions on screen to resolve the offline problem. Otherwise, you can also look for Printer Repair Near Me.
Solution-2 Check the Windows Discovery Services for Functions.
- Start by using the search panel at the bottom left corner to locate your control panel. Click on Devices and Printers to continue.
- Next, right-click your printer to select properties. Next, click on the Ports tab.
- Select a WSD port from the list.
- Do not proceed with these steps if there isn’t a WSD port. To make an IP connection manually, you will need to print the Network Configuration sheet.
- Final note: Windows requires that you add a regular TCP/IP printer port.
- If you have one, make sure that the WSD port checkbox is selected. Follow the steps below.
- Next, you need to search for services in Windows.
- Look for Function Discovery Resource Host and Function Discovery Provider Hosting in the list.
- Both services must be in Running status and the startup type set to Automatic.
- Right-click on the item and select Properties. Set the Startup Type to Autonomous. Click Apply, Start and OK.
- Close the Services window at the end. Also contact printer repair expert dubai.
Solution-3 Make your printer your default printer.
HP printer users are encouraged to set their printer to default to ensure that scan and print jobs are sent to the correct printer.
- Start by using the search window to find scanners and printers.
- Now, open the scanners and printers.
- Check the box marked “Let Windows Manage My default Printer” and make sure it is not checked.
- Select your printer from the drop-down list and click Manage. If there are multiple printers with the same name you can choose one of them to manage.
- From the Manage your device section, select Set as default.
- Solution-4 Create a TCP/IP port in Windows to allow wireless printers.
This tutorial will show you how to add a printer port from Windows to correspond to your printer’s IP.
- First, you must print the Network configuration report or results from a wireless network test.
- You can now find the IP address of your printer on the network configuration page.
- Next, hold down the Windows key and look for scanners or printers.
- After clicking on the name icon for your printer, select Manage.
- Continue by selecting Printer Properties in the drop-down menu.
- Select the ports tab, and then click Add Port.
- After selecting the TCP/IP port, click on the new port.
- Then, enter the IP address of your printer and click Next.
- Select the TCP/IP standard port from the list and click on it.