Jaisalmer is situated in the Thar Desert. Despite having a variety of camping alternatives ranging from a low-cost basic tent to a high-end luxury tent, Jaisalmer rarely sees tourists. Evening camping usually begins with traditional performances, and you spend the remainder of the night stargazing and eating a regional cuisine. You can even try a few of the adventure activities the next morning, such as camel safari and dirt riding. Camping in the desert does, in fact, provide a variety of experiences.
- Desert Camp Damodara
Damodra Desert Camp will meet your demands if you want a camping experience that is a little more serene and away from the crowds. The resort is meticulously constructed and adorned with relics to give it a classic village feel. All of the personnel are local locals. Folklore themes also incorporate traditional dance and puppet presentations, separating it from DJs and loud music. Because the resort is located away from neighboring camps, it is generally uncrowded, allowing guests to experience the safari and other adventure sports to their full potential.
- Address: Dhanana Rd, Damodara, Rajasthan 345001
- Free breakfast and dinner, free parking, attached bath, power backup, cultural programmes, camel safaris, and other adventures are among the amenities available.
- Stay Options: Tent
- Cost: 10,000 INR – Includes a complimentary visit to the local village as well as a camel safari.
- Rajputana Desert Camp
One of the best and most popular camping sites in Jaisalmer. The Rajputana resort has been open since 2014 and offers a near-ideal camping experience. The camping site, which is only 200 meters from Sam Dunes, contains 35 tents. There are various types of tents available, ranging from basic camping tents to air-conditioned cottages. Camel safaris begin at the tent, so you won’t have to worry about walking in the scorching sun to the meeting site. Adventure activities are available that can be scheduled and paid for on the spot.
- Address: Kuldhara Road Jaisalmer, Rajasthan 345001
- Free breakfast and dinner, free parking, attached bath, and power backup are all available.
- Stay Options: Tents and AC Cottages
- The AC Cottage costs 5500 INR per night.
- Tent: 3000 INR Per Night
- Desert Winds Camp
It is one of the most cost-effective camps. The campgrounds are located 43 kilometers from Jaisalmer Airport. There are 20 tents at the campsite. Although most of these tents do not have air conditioning, they do feature ceiling fans to provide aeration. Camel safaris, Jeep safaris, and desert excursions are just a few of the things that will keep you occupied during your visit. There are additional facilities for indoor and outdoor recreational games. As a result, it’s an ideal location for a family holiday.
- Free breakfast and dinner, free parking, cultural programmes, camel safaris and other adventures, bonfires, outdoor sports, and a conference area are just a few of the amenities available.
- Options for where to stay: 7000 INR – 15000 INR per couple for a tent
- Stay Options: Tent
- 7000 INR – 15000 INR for a couple
- Desert Camps in Rawal
The Rawal Desert Camp is located in Sam’s interior. The campsite is located very far away from the other campers. This campsite is preferred by travelers who want to spend their vacation alone, close to nature, and away from the crowds. There are two types of accommodations available: Swiss-style tents and mud cottages. Rawal Desert Camps is the place to be if you’re seeking for a camping adventure on a budget.
- Address: Kanoi Road, Rajasthan, PIN-345001
- Free breakfast and dinner, camel safaris and other adventures, bonfires, outdoor sports, conference hall, yoga and meditation group sessions, and shared bathrooms are all available.
- Stay Options: Tent and Mud Cottages
- Cost: 4500 INR – 6500 INR
- Desert Camp Prince
The backdrop for Prince camp is the Sam Sand Dunes. People love Prince Camp to experience late-night or early-morning treks since it is a weird experience because it is close to sand dunes. Furthermore, Prince camp is located away from the cluster of campers, allowing for a more serene stay.
The Prince Desert Camp has a total of 30 tents. A few are luxury tents with opulent bathrooms and stylish interiors. There is good regional food available, excellent hospitality, and one of the nicest camping spots in Jaisalmer.
- Address: Lakshmana Road, Jaisalmer, Rajasthan, PIN- 345001 (near Sam Sand Dunes)
- Free breakfast and dinner, free parking, cultural programmes, camel safaris, and other adventures are among the amenities available.
- Stay Options: Tent
- Cost: 7000 INR per Night.
When is the best time to go desert camping?
Summer in Rajasthan usually begins in the first week of April and lasts through August, and in some cases, September. Summer is not a wonderful time to go camping because the temperatures are at their highest. The greatest time to go camping is during the autumn or winter months. As a result, you’re looking at the months of October to March. The temperature is good, with lower humidity, and the evenings are windy and lengthy, making for a wonderfully rewarding and memorable experience.